Welcome to the Horizons experience!
The contractor onboarding process by Horizons is designed to ensure that new contractors are fully compliant with local employment laws and regulations and that they have all the important information they need to get started with their new job.
Contractors onboarded with our EOR service, will use the Horizons platform as their go-to portal for everything related to their contract, including payments, tax documents, invoices and other information.
In this article, we will explain how Horizons:
01. Creates a new Contractor Profile
02. Finalises the Contractor Agreement
03. Registers a Contractor on the Horizons platform
04. Enables Bulk Onboarding for businesses
Please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further questions or concerns you may have.
Steps to onboard a contractor
01. Visit the New Hire tab, and Select Contractor. Proceed to Add the details of your New Hire. This includes the country you are hiring from, payment information and residential status.
02. Once you have submitted the details of your New Hire (Contractor name, Statement of Work, Payment Details, Duration Details), an automated Draft of the Contractor Agreement will be generated for your approval.
03. Once the Contractor Agreement is reviewed, you can invite the contractor to register themselves on the Horizons platform via an automated email option.
04. The contractor will receive an email invitation to fill in the onboarding form on the platform immediately.
05. The contractor is then expected to register themselves on the Horizons platform and fill in all of their personal details
There are various personal details is required to provided during the onboarding process for Independent Contractor, including but not limited to
- Name, Nationality Passport Details, with Passport copy required for verification
- Residence Address with Residence Certificate for residence status verification to the address provided
- The contractor will be required to make personal statement for the necessary authorization to engage in work activities within the country of residence address
06. The Contractor is then expected to sign the Final Contractor Agreement.
07. Horizons will counter-sign the agreement to bind the contract.
08. Once the contractor has registered on the platform, you will receive an email from Horizons with the subject "Action Needed：Set Billing Group for contractor" to assign a billing group and for the contractor as below
How will a compliant onboarding process benefit you?
Onboarding is the process through which new contractors gain the necessary knowledge, access, and skills to become compliant workers. It's a comprehensive approach that goes beyond simple orientation and includes a variety of legal and compliance processes.
The onboarding process is designed to help new contractors adjust to the payment, invoicing and taxation process, so they can contribute effectively to business growth. It's an important phase for the contractor and the employer because it sets the foundation for a productive working relationship.
Effective onboarding with Horizons is also crucial for contractor retention and ensuring high productivity levels.