What is the required documentation for onboarding in Australia?

The onboarding process for employees in Australia is fairly straightforward 

Foreign employees require the correct visa type to work legally in Australia. “801” visa holders have full working rights in Australia, as having the visa is equivalent to having permanent residency in Australia. Employees with this type of visa can be compliantly employed under a labor-leasing setup. Your local PEO can help coordinate the visa and work permit application process with the Australian immigration authorities. 

Working with a local PEO ensures that your employee onboarding process for local and foreign employees is compliant and efficient. You do not need to formally onboard the employees yourself, as the PEO can do this for you. The local PEO serves as the employee’s official employer of record and has full legal and administrative responsibility for the employee. 

If you have questions about onboarding procedures and best practices in Australia, please get in touch with our team today! 

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select at least one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article