What is the required documentation for onboarding in Canada?

The onboarding process for employees in Canada is fairly straightforward 


All employees, whether Canadian and foreign, must provide the following documents for employment in Canada: 

  • Social Insurance Number (SIN) 
  • Form TD1 (Personal Tax Credits Return for federal and provincial income taxes) 


In addition, foreign employees must also produce the following documents:  

  • Passport  
  • Birth certificate 
  • Work permit  
  • Visa 


Your local PEO can help coordinate the visa and work permit application process with the Canadian immigration authorities.  

If you have questions about onboarding procedures and best practices in Canada, please get in touch with our team today! 

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article